We all know that sunshine boosts our moods, our health and our overall life, but how can we incorporate that into our personal training sessions? One of the keys to a successful personal training business is to think outside of the box, so consider taking your client on an adventure to the great outdoors!
There’s a lot of benefit in helping clients to adapt to alternative surroundings – it helps create a more well-rounded approach to overall health and can boost their mood! Adaptability is also a great skill for personal trainers to have.
Switching to an outdoor training session has a multitude of benefits for both you and your client. Here are some of the best:
- Working out in nature often motivates people to want to exercise for longer
- Vitamin D exposure assists in overall health and wellness
- Fresh air is beneficial to overall wellness, trumping gym air-conditioning
- Completing a fitness routine outside can lead to an increase in energy levels, compared to completing the same routine indoors
- Overall, nature lowers stress and mental fatigue. This is also helped by the colours of nature and vitamin D!
- Being outdoors can improve confidence
- Symptoms of depression are often eased thanks to regular outdoor exposure
- Those who exercise often outdoors are more likely to enjoy it, meaning they will stick to their routines and health journeys