1. PAYMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
1.1 Course Fees
All services provided by International Fitness Academy such as VET Qualifications, workshops, short courses, information events and so on will have their own fee schedule and will be advertised at the time of the event.
1.2 Fee policy
International Fitness Academy provides fee for service training. Upon enrolling in a course with International Fitness Academy, you must agree to our student terms and conditions before commencing your studies. These terms and conditions are outlined in the Student Handbook which is available within the Learning Management Portal.
1.3 Course Payment Conditions
The following policies and procedures apply:
- An initial $99 fee (as a minimum) is due on course enrolment and must be received as cleared funds for students to be able to commence their studies.
- Deposits, full payments and payment plans can be paid via credit card, direct debit or direct deposit. Please note additional fees may be associated with credit card payments and payment plans.
- Credit Cards accepted are Visa or Mastercard.
- If you wish to enter into a direct debit agreement this is managed by a third party; GoCardless.
- International Fitness Academy assists in the set-up of all student payment options. However, GoCardless collects student direct debit payments and all fees associated with this option.
- GoCardless has a Frequently Asked Questions section with contact information about their process – https://support.gocardless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002835269
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure funds are available in their respective accounts and International Fitness Academy will not be responsible for any fees or charges associated with student accounts.
- If you have entered into a payment agreement with International Fitness Academy or one of its partners, you are bound by contractual agreement to meet the scheduled repayments and any additional fees your account may incur.
- Failure to meet your payment plan instalments may result in your access to the Learning Management Portal being suspended and your qualification being withheld until such time as your account is either paid up to date or in its entirety, depending on each case by case situation.
- International Fitness Academy reserve the right to charge a $50 administration fee to reprocess failed payment transactions due to insufficient funds being available in a student’s account.
- International Fitness Academy reserve the right to charge a reactivation fee of $200 where a student has cancelled their study, or where a course has been expired for more than 6 months, and the student requests the course to be reactivated.
1.4 Payment Plans
International Fitness Academy provides students with the option of paying the full course fee over a period of 3, 6 or 12 months. An initial deposit of $99 is due on course enrolment, and the remainder of the course fee is charged on a monthly basis dependent on the payment plan term chosen. International Fitness Academy will deduct the appropriate amount from the students account using the method indicated on course enrolment for the term of the payment plan.
International Fitness Academy will continue to charge the applicable fee for the length of the payment plan or until the course fees are paid in full. Where payments fail due to any reason, International Fitness Academy reserve the right to charge an administration fee to retry failed payments.
1.5 Debt Recovery
International Fitness Academy reserves the right to engage third party debt recovery providers to recover fees from students where necessary. Students will be contacted by email, using the contact details they provide on enrolment, prior to the engagement of a debt recovery service. International Fitness Academy will endeavour to give students the opportunity to rectify any overdue payments or fees prior to engaging a debt recovery service.
1.6 Administration Fee
Our administration fee is $99. This fee is applied to every new student enrolment and is included in your course fees. Should you choose to withdraw from your studies within the seven (7) day cooling off period, you will receive a full refund less the $99 administration fee.
1.7 Extension Fees
International Fitness Academy offers students the ability to extend the timeframe of a course in some circumstances. Our extension fee varies depending on the additional timeframe for which you have applied. The extension fee breakdown is below:
- 1 Month – $110
- 3 Months – $300
- 6 Months – $500
- 12 Months – $750
Extensions must be applied for in writing to the Education Manager at courses@ internationalfitnessacademy.com. The Education Manager will then assess your request and determine if you will be able to complete your course within the timeframe requested. You will then be notified of the outcome, and if successful, your extension fee will be processed. The extension can only be applied for once.
Extensions can be applied for 1 month prior to a course expiring or within 3 months of a course expiring. Extensions are not transferable between courses.
1.8 Qualification Issuance Fee
This fee is applied if you request a new set of certificates to be re-issued. Our qualification issuance fee is $300. There is no fee for your first set of certificates upon course completion.
1.9 Re-assessment Fee
This fee is applies when you require more than three attempts to receive a Satisfactory result and if you a required to re-enroll into a unit of competency. This fee can be easily avoided if you carefully read your learning materials before answering your assessments/questions. Our re-assessment fee is $150.
1.10 Tutorial Fee
If you need further assistance with your learning, please contact your Trainer. You may be able to organise individual tutoring. Tutoring is $100 per hour.
2. Cancellations & Refunds
2.1 Cancellation of enrolment/Refund Policy
- After enrolment into an International Fitness Academy course, students have a seven (7) day cooling off period in which they may apply for a full refund (less an administration fee where applicable). No refunds will be given after 7 days of the date of enrolment.
- The enrolment date is created when the student’s payment information is verified with International Fitness Academy.
- Any student wishing to withdraw from their course must request cancellation in writing with an explanation for your cancellation.
- In circumstances where a student has entered into a payment plan for the payment of course fees and withdraws from the course after 7 days of the date of enrolment, the student will be liable for all payments due under the agreed payment plan.
- International Fitness Academy guarantees that it will provide the required training and assessment once a student has commenced study in their chosen program. Should International Fitness Academy cancel a course for any reason, students enrolled at the time International Fitness Academy announces the cancellation will be entitled to a full refund, and this will incur no administrative charges or penalties.